Monday, May 12, 2008

My Alex is a big boy.

I feel rather emotional now as Alex just left with a taxi for Rainbow. I watched my son leave with someone else for the first time. I have mixed feelings as part of me feel sad and then very proud of him as well.

We have prep him for this moment over the weekend and he was really excited this morning. He kept asking about the "bus" and I had to keep telling him that he had to wait till 12 o'clock.

Rainbow prepared a booklet specially for Alex and asked us to read it to him over the weekend. It started with a picture of the taxi, and then picture of the "guide" name Claire, followed by the picture of the entrance to the school and then the teachers.

We know Alex is in good hands. I will try to be less emotional tomorrow ..... I hope

No comments: