Thursday, May 01, 2008

It's sad but it's for the best.

We have withdrawn Alex from Teddies today, giving a one month's notice. I spoke to Nathan when I drop Alex this morning and all I could feel was sadness.

Alex has developed so much and a big part of this comes from going to nursery. He is more independent and learned to take care of himself.

Nathan said that Alex was an important part of the nursery and I could tell that he is not just saying what I wanted to hear but meant it. Alex is indeed a very important part of the nursery, because of the early intervention support that the Council is providing, staff at Teddies learned a lot from them.

This decision did not come easy but we have waited so long for Rainbow that if he continues to go to Teddies, he will be too tired to concentrate on the important things that Rainbow has to offer.

For almost three weeks now, Alex's been waking up at about 4:00 to 5:00am. By 11:00am, he looked so tired that he became hyper and very very naughty - just to keep himself awake.

I can't keep up with him either as I am totally lack of sleep. I know I should catch up with my sleep when Alex naps in the afternoon. My problem is that I cannot sleep in the afternoon. If I do, I wake up feeling awful and cannot get back to sleep until wee hours of the morning.

It's depressing me and I just don't know what went wrong. He was so good with everything from Potty Training to Sleeping through the night. All these changed in April and our guess was that perhaps changing the furniture and the decor of the front room lead to this change.

Whatever it was, I hope it goes away soon as I don't like what I am feeling and it has a knock on effect leading to depression. I feel tired ..... I can't play with Alex when he wants me to ..... Alex throws a tantrum ..... I get angry ..... I feel guilty for being angry and I hate this feeling.

Do you think the gloomy weather has anything to do with this?

No comments: