Sunday, May 04, 2008

I had my first tyre puncture today.

Been driving since 1992 and never had a puncture in 16 years. Jeremy's been paying for his AA membership for years and never ever had a call out and today, we've finally made used of their service.

The suspensions for the RAV4 are so good that I could not feel anything unusual with the car. We had a car overtaking us and the woman looked at me pointing at my car. Could my car be on fire or what? And then another car flashed me from behind and followed me till I found somewhere safe to stop. His partner came out of the car and then pointed at the tyre.

It's nice to know that people still care for each other in this fast paced society.

After the AA came to our rescue, we drove to Halfords to get a can of emergency tire fixer - just in case I am all alone in the car next time.

You must be thinking .... why can't Jeremy change the tyre himself? Well, he tried and cannot unlock the tyre because the safety wheel lock adapter is broken.

He is still my hero though .... he he he

2 comments:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

Didn't you have a puncture once in the Seat Leon? Somewhere near PC World in Reading? I could be mistaken - maybe it was another kind of mechanical problem. I'm getting old so my memory isn't good ! ;-)

Christine Hoh said...

Oh yes .... I have totally forgotten about that. You have very good memory but you weren't there to rescue me though ;-)

OK, it's the second time in 16 years.