Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's back but for how long?

The weather's been great since Monday and boy .... you know you are very lucky if you live in England. It's very rare that we enjoy sunshine and great weather on a Bank Holiday Monday.

There's a price to pay for sunny and dry Spring ..... hay fever season .....

Alex is suffering BIG TIME and I mean BIG TIME. He had it worst than any of us ......

This morning, after leaving Alex in nursery, I went to Sainsburys for weekly food shopping. Not long after I got home, the phone rang. It's Catherine from nursery and she told us that Alex had teary eyes and they are a bit swollen as well. Does he suffer from hay fever? There's nothing to worry about, they will put a cold flannel to ease the swell. They are afraid to give him any kind of medication .... I guess it's good as I don't really want anyone medicating my son.

Looks like Jeremy's last angry phone call to them worked. I would like to be made aware of what is happening to my son in nursery if he is harmed or unwell. Anyway, when I went to pick him up, I brought a bottle of Piriton with me. I told them that it's OK to give him a small dose of Piriton if this happens again .... OK ... not much of that chance anymore as this Friday will be his last day at nursery.

(We have been advised that we shouldn't confuse Alex by continuing to go to Teddies in the morning and Rainbow in the afternoon. I agree with the experts as it would be too taxing for Alex. If he continues Teddies, he will be too tired to concentrate in Rainbow.)

After Teddies, we went to Rainbow for an hour. The first 15 minutes, Alex refused to let me go and I was quite worried that he may distract the other children if I stay on. I told the teacher that I will disappear for 45 minutes and she agreed.

I went out for a walk and 45 minutes later, I went back for Alex. He was playing happily outside the garden and talked to the teacher. He said "All gone" quite clearly and "More". He didn't know I was watching him but it sure feels good that he is happy there.

He will be going to Rainbow for an hour again on Friday and starts full time from Monday 12th. The council also provide a bus service to and fro Rainbow free of charge. The teachers prefer the children using the bus service as they will learn to be independent.

I asked Alex if he would like to go on a bus and he said yes. For some reason, children love public transports and the older they get, that sense of enchantment disappears and they decide to have their own cars instead.

I hope Rainbow is the answer to our prayer. Talk Alex ..... Talk!

No comments: