Thursday, May 22, 2008

I get excited easily.

It's almost week two for Alex at Rainbow. We noticed quite a bit of stimming and hyperactivity.

Alex is quite passive as we all know but lately, he has been slightly hyper when watching television or getting excited about something. He has been stimming quite a bit as well since Rainbow. I am not sure if it's a good thing but he seemed to understand more and listen better. He also attempt to use more words but not very clear. To others, it may sound like gibberish but I could actually understand what he is saying.

He is still on a three word sentence and using a lot of "ah gar" in different situations as a way to express himself. Jeremy is having doubts whether Alex will ever talk and I know how that feels .... at times I do worry but I must have faith.

Our little Alex is also a Mr Busybody and eavesdrop on our conversations all the time. I can't remember what we were talking about or what Alex was doing but the other day while I was talking to Jeremy about Alex, all of a sudden, I heard him say "Ah gar" and then brought me something that I was telling Jeremy about.

It's quite funny and you just can't help wanting to hug and kiss him all the time. I have been rather busy with a lot of things lately and cannot update my blog as often as I wished but there are so much I want to share. It's finding time to sit down and write everything that we encounter each day that I find hard to do. I feel guilty for sitting in front of the computer too long while Alex watch tele.

I think the various activities and new routine at Rainbow are stimulating his brain hence, the stimming .... a way for Alex to adjust to his new environment.

We will continue to monitor his changes and behaviour for another month and if stimming continues, I need to ask someone about it.

No comments: