Thursday, May 15, 2008

I can do it all by myself.

It's been a week since Alex started to go to the toilet all by himself. He will run to the toilet, close the door, pull his pants down, climb onto the toilet seat, relief himself and then a shout "Maaa ... maaa ....".

He is a big boy to be able to do all that by himself BUT ..... he still needs mummy to pull his pants up - he he he

I am not complaining. In fact, I am so proud of him.

Six months ago, I would never dream that this day would come. Alex has come a long way in such a short time.

I read an article in Daily Mail today about "Cuddle Hormone" and Autism.

Dr Eric Hollander, a leading autism expert, has shown that giving oxytocin to autistic adults improves their ability to recognise emotions such as happiness or anger in a person's tone of voice - something they usually struggle to do.

Read the full article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/thehealthnews.html?in_article_id=566479&in_page_id=1797

I guess I could agree with the article. We give Alex lots of hugs and kisses - I cannot imagine not hugging or telling Alex how much we love him everyday. Maybe, this makes Alex a very different child comparing to many children with ASD.

He surprises many people when told he is autistic. No one could believe that Alex was diagnosed with ASD because of his sociable nature. He especially loves giving hugs to people who are close to him.

When I help undress him yesterday, I could smell perfume on his clothes. Looks like Alex is at it again, getting hugs from teachers. I am glad that he is one likeable child.

No comments: