Friday, May 30, 2008

Jeremy and Alex in Wendy's garden


Mummy and Alex

Alex on Mummy's back (why the gloomy face?)

Father and son on Shoreham on Sea beach


When Alex was still at Teddies, he goes to school three days a week - mid-term or no mid-term, life as usual. Since Rainbow, he goes to school everyday except school holidays.

After two weeks at Rainbow, schools break for May Bank Holiday cum mid-term. We are now officially like any other family with school going children. Going for holidays at the most expensive time of the year and kids driving us mad when they don't go to school.

We went to Sussex to see Jeremy's Auntie Wendy this week. (She moved there about six months ago and this is the first time we visited her.) She lives about ten minutes drive from the beach and we took the opportunity to kill three birds with one stone.

1. visit Auntie Wendy - quite obvious there .... or ..... hmmmm

2. escape our mundane routine

3. let Alex experience English seasides and beaches.

We had a good time (Jeremy and Alex) but mummy is totally lacked of sleep.

Yes .... it's Alex .... hijacking my bed in the middle of the night. I was pushed aside, having only six inches to sleep and even that, Alex had to push right up close as if he is connected to my body.

Two nights of hardly any sleep, I was at the edge of exploding. On our way home, I wanted to use the SatNav but Jeremy insisted that we use the traditional method .... looking at the map.

I can say that he has no talent in giving road instructions nor is he diplomatic in his words . When I took the wrong way, he criticized my driving - what can you expect when bad instructions were given?

I kept cool for five minutes .... driving ..... found a safe spot to stop and asked him to drive instead. Angry obviously but kept my cool as I don't want to turn a holiday into a fight. It's quite nice actually ... I get to see the scenery while he drove. Falling in and out of sleep ..... I heard him said ..... "er ... I think we took the wrong way".

I looked at him and he said "I know .... you did asked me to follow the sign to London but for some reason, I thought it was A27 that we are supposed to follow". I looked at him again and then he said "OK .... you can say I told you so!" I just could not help laughing as he said everything for me.

So, yes I think I had a good time as well!

Men ... you can't help but love them.

2 comments:

Azure Skye said...

Hello. This is Erin. Your niece. I say hi to everyone!

misstammy said...

checked out your blog with different 'eyes' now that i am a blogger too! Christine, you are an original....