Friday, November 02, 2007

Spend ... spend .... spend!

Slightly more than $2.00 to a pound. Both Jeremy and I are taking this opportunity to buy a whole new wardrobe. It's also sale season in Tallahassee and the biggest sale ever is this coming Saturday at JC Penney.

Adrinna baby sat for us yesterday and we are just so grateful. We went shopping at Governor Square and bought branded stuff at bargain prices plus with the currency exchange rate, it's about half the price in UK. Jeremy bought some Ralph Lauren shirts and I bought a handbag - not telling what brand but it's good (wink wink). There were so many to choose but Jeremy said I am only allowed one - it's quite true what he said ... I have a cupboard full of handbags and I always used the same ones.

Alex is very happy here. He loves his cousins and it's heart warming to see them together.

Last Wednesday was Halloween and it's Alex's first time Trick or Treating. He was Superman but for some reason, his costume is maroon and dark blue instead of red and blue. When I bought the costume from the store, it didn't occur to me that the colours were different but anyway, it was dark when they went out and no one could tell the difference ;-)

The kids came back with loads of candies and it could last them a year if they were to eat them sensibly. Alex had only an eighth of what they had because he didn't finish the round. We took him home and off to bed early because he missed his nap time in the afternoon. We took him to the movies in the morning to see "Ratatouille" (I think that's how it's spelt but I might be wrong) and then went lunch and shopping. What were we thinking? Stressing our son? But, we had a productive day ...... (he he he) We would not dream of doing this back home but what the heck? We are on holiday!

Anyway, this week has been a good week for us. Great news from my father-in-law about my mother-in-law's cancer - the tumour decreased by 1/3 and the Consultant was really pleased with the result. She will continue with her treatment for another month and then another test. We are just so happy!

The not so good news is .... the NAS Early Bird programme that supposedly happening in November is now in January 2008. Don't really know why but it works for us because we would have missed the first two sessions. So, in a way .... it is also a good thing.

Well, I am off to sleep again and then later to the Spa for massage with Adrinna. We haven't really been spending time together as she has been way too busy but as long as she is happy, I am happy for her.

No comments: