Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I have discovered Country music.

It's amazing how Country music changed over the years but one thing that never ever change was the story it tells. It's real and it touches your heart.

I am listening to Lone Star at the moment and I am in love with "I'm already there". Every time I hear the song, it makes me cry. It also makes me think of the relationship I didn't have with my father.

I am sad to say that I don't know anything about my father. What's his favourite colour? What's his dream? What he thinks of me? I don't remember ever having the opportunity to sit in the same room with him talking about him and nothing else.

At some point, we lose our parents and when we sit down to think about them, what would I think of my father? What if Alex were to ask me "What is grandad like?"

Darn those country music lyrics, it makes you think of things you don't.

I should get to know my father, that's what I am going to do.

No comments: