Thursday, November 15, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr it's freezing!

It's zero degree Celsius out there this morning. My car was totally covered with ice - wished I didn't have to go out but Alex needs to get to his nursery on time. Took me 10 minutes to scrape the ice off the windscreen and two frozen hands.

As I was about to take Alex into his class, one of his classmate shouted "Alex is back!" - they seem pleased to see him. This is not his first day back but not all the children goes to nursery everyday. He went in on Monday for replacement session because we missed three weeks and he was so happy to see the entrance of his nursery that he literally ran into his class ;-)

Yesterday, I was told that he won't stop hugging one of the girls. Everyone thought it was so cute and they even showed me who the girl was. Her name's Abby and she is blonde with short hair and very pretty. The carer asked Abby if she like Alex and she said "I love Alex". I can't help smiling and everyone missed Alex.

Since returning from America, we saw a big difference in Alex. He is more social (not that he wasn't before), but something is different. He is taller, he tells us what he wants better, sometimes in words that we don't really understand but we could understand eventually and he plays in his room more than before. Maybe because he saw Joshua playing in his room and he wants to be like his cousin.

He even helped me to make sandwich the other day. I was making tuna filling and asked Alex to help me. I passed the ingredients to him and asked him to put on the counter and he did as asked. After that, he stood on his stool and waited for instruction ... I asked him to pass the mayonnaise and then the lemon, He passed the mayo and then sniffed the lemon and gave it to me. What an achievement! I know ... many of you will think that this is simple instruction and any three year old can do this but to us ... it's a big deal.

Alex can't process two piece of information at the same time. His developmental stage is at 18 to 20 months but I guess he has grown quite a bit. Neel from TASS came on Tuesday and was really pleased with his progress. She brought an associate to work with Alex (not to be rude but I can't remember her name) and Alex got along real well with her. He played tricks on her and Neel said that this is really good. We should continue doing what we did with him .... (I scratched my head, what did we do differently with him?) All we did was give him all the love in the world and made sure he knows it.

Lots of hugs and sloppy kisses and laughter.

No comments: