Thursday, October 25, 2007

Called the Immigration services lawyer that Adrinna recommended and the outcome is not very promising.

We have three options.

Option One: If we have $500,000 to invest in the US, we are eligible for green card. OK, it would be good when we win the lottery - so, option one OUT.

Option Two: Green card lottery. Now is the time to apply but there are only 50,000 issued each year and the chances is like .... NEVER considering my luck with lottery.

Option Three: Family sponsorship. The waiting time at the moment would be 11 to 12 years and if we put the application in, it would be in time for retirement.

We have made up our mind more or less on what we intend to do.

It looks like England would be our home until our circumstances change i.e win the lottery (big one). We both feel that we will be more secure in UK because Jem likes his job. I can continue with my studies and all the facilities and training are in place for Alex.

I will miss my sister and the kids but I guess, we can always visit when we have the means.

No comments: