Friday, November 23, 2007

There's a new BUG in town this winter.

Alex and I haven't been well since Monday with loss of appetite and diarrhea. Went to the doctors twice and was told that there is nothing they can give us as it's a viral infection.

Alex hasn't been eating since Monday. I am very worried but three different GPs told us that it's OK for a toddler to go off food for up to two weeks as long as we feed him plenty of liquid. He is not dehydrated and I know he is hungry but just couldn't find the appetite to eat.

I was the same until yesterday when I got so fed up that I ordered Chicken Vindaloos to take the blandness out of my tongue. Big Mistake! I had massive diarrhea and a firee arse (mind my French .... opps). My stomach churned and growl all night but miraculously, my diarrhea stopped this morning, I had my appetite back but still suffering with a sensitive you know where. That's the price you pay for being bold - ha ha ha

Alex wanted cereal this morning and obviously I was over the moon. Gave him half the portion he normally takes and then when he saw me eating my toasted pita bread, he wanted some as well. Wow, I can't believe my luck that he wanted food!

Two hours later, it all came out again and this time from the top end. All over my couch, my jeans and my t-shirt (eweeeeeeeeeeeee).

It's about 2:15pm now and he hasn't done a number two yet which is a good sign. He ate two spoons of fried rice and some cheerios earlier. So far so good and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: