Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I have been having strange dreams every night since we returned.

People from my past like bosses I have not seen for years and friends playing lead role in my strange dreams. There is nothing that I seen or heard that relate to them but somehow, my brain decides to include them in my sleep.

I don't remember having dreams when I was in Tallahassee and for those eighteen days we were there, I had the most rest. Alex slept through the night next to us which means I get my sleep.

Upon returning, he is back to his old tricks, waking me up at five in the morning, hijacked my bed and back to sleep while I ...... well wonder off to do my stuff knowing that it's a lost battle to get my bed back. I don't think his biological clock is back to normal as someday he sleeps longer during his nap and then going to bed at 12:30am (put him to bed at 10:00 and sat with him for two and a half hours till he goes off). On other days, he skipped his nap time and goes to sleep at about 7:00pm and then wake up at 11:00pm - played for an hour or so before he goes back to sleep at about 12:30am.

You can imagine how tired I have been that I had to nap for three hours yesterday afternoon. It is very unusual for me to nap in the afternoon unless I am not well. True enough, I wasn't well and you don't want the details.

My mother in law asked me the other day when we visited, "What would you like for your birthday, Christine?" I said, "Nothing" but if I was asked what I would wish for .......

BINGO ...... SLEEP!

No comments: