Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What's this faint sound I am hearing coming from downstairs?

My eyes are still shut and I could hear ........ Urgh! Urgh!
Where is it coming from? Am I dreaming?

And then, I realised it's Alex. Urgh is his way of saying Help!
I opened my eyes, looked at the clock .... it's 7:00am and my little boy is calling for help. I called out to him and asked where he was? I ran downstairs and guess what?

He was in the lounge, sitting on the floor with his handful of toys. He had his new aeroplane, two passengers, two small planes, one car, a train carriage and a bus. He could not get up because his hands are full. I stood there laughing and helped him with his toys. He gave them to me one by one and then led me upstairs to my bed. He played with his toys while I tried to get back to dreamland - proven impossible!

We went to London today.

First to Maidenhead to pick my cousin June and her daughter Brenda. They both adore Alex and he adores Brenda. He will do anything she asked him to - just like when he was in KL with Jade.

We went to IKEA and then to Oriental City for lunch. Had a great day and Alex was having so much fun with Brenda. They chased each other in the supermarket and hug each other like siblings. No tantrums, missed his afternoon nap but very happy because Brenda is with him.

This is the kind of relationship I yearn for Alex - having someone to play with him. This September, Brenda will attend senior school and things will change. She is older and it won't be the same anymore.

Moving to America means more to us now but the Visa situation is a nightmare. There are so much information to absorb and most of the time, it meant nothing to us. We need to engage a professional to advise us of our options. There are different work permits and dependents are not allowed to work. Some charge $4000 fee to help with visa and you just don't know if these people are credible.

Anyone knows anyone who can help?

No comments: