Thursday, August 09, 2007

Still coughing my lungs off.

It's been officially one week now and I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. It looks more and more like a chest infection and I could hear myself wheezing. Jem made an appointment with the GP for me tomorrow morning and I am asking for some antibiotics.

Accompanied Jem to the Prince Charles Eye Clinic at the King Edward Hospital in Windsor today. When he went for an eye test at Boots Optician three months ago, the optometrist told him that she suspects Glaucoma. That made us really worried but today's appointment put our mind at ease. The consultant is very confident that Jem doesn't have glaucoma but will want to see him again in 6 months time before he officially discharge him.

I watched ABC's Brothers and Sisters this morning (had it recorded because it was quite late when they show it on TV) and I cried so much. I have been following the series for 8 weeks now and every episode is as good as the last. It made me miss my wonderful siblings - I can't believe that I am actually saying this. It also made me think that Alex may never experience this kind of love I shared with my brother and sisters. The funny thing about family is ...... you will never know how much you love them until you are away. We are always at each other's throat when we were all together under the same roof but we are also highly protective of each other.

If I were to write a book about my family, it would be a very interesting one. Each one of us will have a chapter on it's own and the things that we all went through is unbelievable.

We are Asians and it's hard for us to openly tell each other how much we appreciate and love each other. Life is too short - even though we are all too busy with our lives, we shouldn't forget to stop and think about each other.

It's comforting to know that I have my brother and sisters to turn to when I need them and vice versa.

No comments: