Friday, August 24, 2007

Great News!

We've just got a letter from the Speech and Language Therapist this morning. Alex will start a block of one to one therapy from 11th September. I am just so excited - I can't wait. Been waiting for this since forever but not that long actually - compared to many people.

The next thing is waiting to hear about the NAS Early Bird programme and appointment with the Occupational Therapist. There's a national shortage of OT and I do wish that someone would come up with a workshop for parents with children waiting for OT. That way, we can have practical exercises to help our child while waiting.

The NAS Early Bird was supposed to start in September but there aren't enough family to start the course. There should be at least 4 families to start the programme and as far as I know, we are short of one family. Christina, our Project Manager is aiming for January 08 to start the course and I cannot really say I hope it will happen soon. It means, another child will have to be diagnosed with ASD and I do not wish for anyone to go through what we've gone. Tricky huh?

No comments: