Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's getting harder and harder to update my blog.

Every time I come near the computer, Alex wants my attention and I had to turn it off without doing what I intended to do in the first place. Sometimes, he will turn my computer off without me knowing it.

I can update my blog when he is asleep or at nursery but with this horrid weather, you just don't feel like doing anything. I borrowed two books from the library and managed to finish both within two weeks. At least, there are some good out of this miserable grey weather.

We have been watching a lot of channel 4 in the afternoon lately. They have programmes like "Place in the Sun", "Relocation Relocation" and "A new life". Jem has been talking about getting a place in the sun or emigrate to Australia or Canada.

I have done the uprooting thing once and I am not prepared to start all over in a new place at this age. We discussed about Alex's future and both thought it would be a good idea to move closer to family. I suggested Tallahassee, Florida - close to Adrinna and Alex will have Josh and Erin to play with and grow up with.

The more we talked about it, the more likely we will do it. I am quite excited to be honest but there are few things that we must really consider. Buying a house it Tallahassee is not a problem because if we sell our house in England, we could buy one for half the price and no mortgage to worry about. Jem will have to look for a job but what? We did talk about starting a business but again what? We know Alex will be happy because he was very happy with a lot of people around him. He was really good with my family when we were back in KL last year.

Our main concern is Jem's parents - we cannot leave them and it would be really nice if they would come with us. I have always wanted to celebrate Christmas with a large family - decorating the tree together, cooking a festive meal for the lot, playing games and get drunk afterwards. What fun. It's like Chinese New Year at home and it's always busy and Jem is really envious of what I have.

We talked about having at least four bedrooms house with a pool and a covered patio. He could have his pool table in the patio and convert one of the rooms to a music/guest room. I have my open concept kitchen with a breakfast area and an island for food preparation. The kitchen overlook the family room and with a view of the pool. In the summer (real summer), we could see Alex run around with his cousin or friends - how I wished I could have it all now.

Let's hope we'll win some money tonight and it would make our dream come true and if Jem's mum and dad would come with us, it's even better.

No comments: