Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Now that my cough is pretty much gone .... except the occasional cackle here and there, I had the urge to bake again.

We have fresh fruits and vegetables delivered to us every Thursday and for the last two weeks, I haven't had my regular serving of fruits. We have so much plums, bananas. green gages (these little green things are so sour, I find it hard to eat them just like that) in the fridge that the only way to use them is baking a cake. I baked a Banana Walnut Tea bread and a Green gages Cake (the recipe is for plums but I used green gages instead). The result - mind blowing sour but yum yum yum.

Took the Banana Walnut Tea bread to Family Support at Margaret Wells and everyone enjoyed it. The support workers at the centre look forward to my cakes. Jem said not to bring the Green gages cake in as he loved them so much.

I had a surprise call from my friends Majid and Alena today. They live in Las Vegas now and they were on their way to their restaurant when they called. Alena said she missed me so much and I shared the same sentiment. We have all been so busy with our family and the eight hours time difference between us made it quite difficult to just pick up the phone and call.

They have plans to come back to England for good and I am looking forward to that day. It's funny how friends meet and stay close even when they are apart.

No comments: