Saturday, June 02, 2007

Right this moment, I feel terrible. Alex is in my bed sleeping and Jeremy is at work. I totally lose myself today and took it out on two of the most important people in my life.

Alex is demanding more and more attention lately - I am exhausted. If someone were to offer me a break now - I could not take it. I know I will miss Alex so much - I would not enjoy myself.

As I was laying next to my son earlier, I apologised to him for my moment of insanity. How I wished that he could tell me "It's OK, mummy. I love you too". At that moment, I really wanted to kneel before my bed and pray. I wanted to ask GOD what's in store for us? I could not because I don't know if GOD would listen. I have never been religious and I would be a hypocrite if I ask for help now. In times of trouble, I think of GOD but where was I when everything is smooth sailing?

Looking back, everything that happened had a reason. If I did not marry Andrew, I would not be in UK. If my marriage did not break down, I would not have met Jeremy and have Alex. If I didn't have a miscarriage, life would be even harder now. I would be having my hand full with Alex and a toddler in his/her "terrible two" stage. I can see the reason behind my marriage breakdown and the miscarriage but I cannot see why this is happening to us.

If I have done anything to anyone, Alex did not deserve this. If this is a way to punish me, Alex is innocent. I should be grateful that Alex is a happy and healthy little boy but Autism is a life-long disorder and there is no cure.

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

Christine, things always seem ten times worse at night. Trust me, it will not seem quite so bad in the morning.