Monday, June 18, 2007

To laugh or not to laugh?

Anyone with children will agree with me. Our little Angel/Imp can sometime test you to the limits causing a dilemma on the spot.

The question is do you laugh or continue to pull an angry face?

Alex has always been an obedient child but sometime last week, he started to say "no" to me and refused to do as told. And if he chose to do it, it would be in his terms.

Last night, before tucking him into bed, I told him we need to change his nappy. He was standing at the door while I was waiting for him with a nappy in hand. I said "come here Alex" in a soft tone - he looked at me and not budge an inch. I said it again and he did the same. The third time, I used a more authoritative tone and he moved an inch. And this time, I gave him a "deadly look" and he moved another inch and looked at me and then another step. At that point, I had to turn around and smile to myself but I couldn't laugh out loud - it was funny.

So, what would you do?

No comments: