Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wow, it's the season of reality TV here in UK.

The Apprentice ended last night with the underdog as the winner - not fair!!!

Britain's Got Talent a new talent show with no rules. Any age, any performance and the ultimate prize of £100,000 and a slot to perform for the Royal family at the Royal Variety Show. I am hooked and it's on tele every night - the final is on this coming Sunday.

On Tuesday night, a 6 year-old girl performed solo singing "Somewhere over the rainbow" beautifully sung with perfect note. No accompanying background music - just her voice. I was close to tears and said to Jeremy that this could be Alex in 3 years time. Alex could hum his songs in perfect note and I bet when or if he speaks by six, he could be like her. Well, you can't blame a mum for dreaming can you? After all, Jeremy says that we are a match made in heaven - I am the dreamer and he is the realist and we compliment each other.

As usual, it's difficult to watch live tele when Alex is well awake, he pick his moments to hum "Wheels on a bus" at maximum volume. I record the programmes that I like and watch them when he is at nursery or afternoon nap.

This morning, whilst Alex's at nursery - I watched last night's Britain's Got Talent. There were so many wonderful children act and the truth is ..... they ARE very good. I cannot help myself - I cried my heart out. I cried because I was so happy for their parents because I know how proud they are of their children and at the same time, I cried because I may never see Alex perform. It is one of those moments when you just want to cry and then think back that there isn't a real reason to cry.

I am proud of Alex no matter what. He has been really cheeky lately and made me laugh so much. He gives us this side way glance and smile - he is one handsome dude.

One night early this week, can't remember when - I had a special moment with my son. He was making this new sound of an elephant - because I bought him a new book about animals. I said what does the elephant say Alex? He made the sound and then I asked what about the cat, he made the elephant sound and waited for me to respond, I then said ... No silly, he laughed so hard that he curled into a ball. I then asked him what about a cow? He did the elephant again and waited for me to say no. He laughed so hard and again curled into a ball - this went on for about 5 minutes and we finally call it a day. That was one special moment that I cannot forget.

A cheeky monkey indeed.

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

We only get the U.S. version of The Apprentice here in Thailand - but that's okay because I am a very big fan of Donald Trump.
The problem is that we are about eight weeks behind, and I didn't know that until pretty recently when I did an internet search and accidentally found out who wins.