Monday, February 02, 2009

It's snowing and he's not going to school


(Picture 4 .... uploaded in wrong order) 
After much convincing and made a deal with Alex, he stood still and let me take a decent photo of him and his dad. 

(Picture 3) 
No Camera Please!


(Picture 2)
Look at Mummy, Alex!


(Picture 1)
This is the first decent photo of 2009. I had a hard time trying to get Alex
to look at the camera and smile. It's pure luck I got this one :-)

It's been snowing all of last night and this morning. We woke up to six inches of snow and this is the first time I have seen so much snow in 10 years of my life in UK.

Looking out the window, we saw neighbours' children playing outside with their sled and building snowman. I was a bit lazy and not so enthusiastic as Alex woke up at 5:30am and been coming in and out of our room between 5:30 and 8:00am. 

By the time I decided to get out of my comfy, warm duvet .... it was about 10:30am and thought I'll ring the school to find out if school's open. Alex had the day off!

Soon after, a text came to Jem's mobile phone .... it's from the school to inform us that schools close and to listen to local radio to find out if school's still close tomorrow. I thought that was a very good idea from school ... to inform parents of school's closure. Unfortunately, it was a bit too late as most parents would have found out the hard way ... showing up at school with children and found out that they had to take the kids home again. Not so easy for working parents as they had to find last minute sitters or had to call in sick or work from home.

Find it hard to understand how can life pause when it snowed in this day and age? What about people living in countries that snow all year? There had to be a way!

Anyway, decided to wrap Alex up in layer after layers of warm clothing (I could send him to Alaska) and let him play in the backyard .... by now, it's around 7 to 8 inches of snow. He loved it!

He spent a good hour outside playing with his dad and dragging the broom around the garden making a path to walk on. He was so adorable and I could just scoop him up and eat him alive .... hmmm that didn't sound right ..... anyway, mums know what I mean :-)

I love snow!

No comments: