Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tea Party

Early in the morning ..... yes ... at 6:45am, my son sent an invitation to his Tea Party.

In a cup, was two GI Joes carefully placed on my chest .... while I was still asleep. It's nothing new that my son bear gifts .... I didn't bat an eyelid ... so to speak - LOL

Drifting in and out of sleep, I heard the bathroom tap turned on and then off again. Instinctively, I jumped out of bed to see what was my son doing?

He was already in his playroom, around him ..... he placed all his cups and saucers next to each other and when he saw me, he said "Mama hur" asking me to sit down. In his jar, now filled with water, he looked at me with the loveliest smile. Mummy being the joy killer, quickly empty the jar of water in the sink.

He then made me a cup of tea but half way through, he said "oh oh no milk" and then he said "go Tesco buy milk" I was really surprised with his development overnight. Although what he said wasn't very clear, I knew what he was saying to me. He also used the word "another" when previously, he would say "more".

The pretend play went on with making me toast and then ran out of butter andBovril. He kept saying that he wants to go Tesco to get butter and Bovril. He walked to our room and came back with milk, butter and Bovril .... pretending that he went to Tesco.

It was the best breakfast ever ..... I'm still hungry though

**********************************************************
Alex went to his Occupational Therapy treatment yesterday and did very well. I managed to video his session but I need to wait for clearance from Ann's Boss before I could upload the video. However, if anyone would like to watch it, please leave me your email address and I will send it to you directly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you read the fine print. Everything you upload does not belong to you anymore. It will belong to the host site. Be careful what you put up there...especially intellectual properties as you don't have a claim to it anymore.

Unknown said...

With that being said....I am SO PROUD of Alex. He is using his imagination and speaking...music to my ears.