Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be careful of what you wish for

I shouldn't be complaining as I have wish for this day to come.

Alex talking ..... and he can't stop!

He repeats, he tried to talk, he sings, he hums and he never stops until he goes to bed.

For the past few days, he has been using "ermmm" for everything you ask him. A few examples here that cracks me up. It may not sound that funny to parents with neuro typical children but it works for me.

We went to see my in-laws a few days ago because the family dog had to be put down because of old age. My in-laws were devastated and we took Alex to see them before school. Our little bod is a back seat driver and a very bossy one too. He tells me where to go by pointing at the direction and say "that way". On this occasion, we asked him which way to go .... and he said "ermmmm .... that way" all the way until we reached out destination.

He came to my bed this morning and gave me a kiss. He then said "mama go make apple juice" (this .... he has mastered and anyone could understand what he's saying) I played a trick on him and said "give me a very good reason why I should get out of my warm bed to the cold kitchen to get you a drink?" He looked confused ..... think for a bit and then he answered "ermmmmmm .... dada go make apple juice" I could not stop laughing and it was hilarious.

Well, since he asked nicely, Jeremy had to get up to make him juice. Well done mummy, another way to dodge responsibility and confuse your five year old.

Too many words Mummy .... but it was funny!

No comments: