Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Mum

Alex's finally back to school after two days of school closure. 


The taxi was late to pick him up and while I was trying to contact the driver, my phone rang and it was Adrinna on the other end. I had to call her back as the taxi arrived immediately afters. 

We talked for awhile about calling my mum today ... singing the same birthday song to her - ha ha ha .... what are the odds? Well ... I only knew two and that would be 50/50 but having two siblings singing the same song? Hmmmmm 

After talking to my sister, I feel a bit melancholic and homesick. I haven't seen my mum for three years and that is a long time for a daughter to do. I hate it when I can't give her a hug on her special day or take her out for lunch or dinner or spend the day with her doing nothing. I missed my mum!

Jem and I decided that I should take Alex home with me this summer but I told him I cannot arrange for anything until we have confirmation that Meath is offering him a place in September. 

As a mum now, I realised how much we sacrifice for our children and never once thought that we needed anything in return. I know that my mum wouldn't want anything from us but having all her children by her side. She didn't say so .... she knew it would be selfish for her to ask.

I do hope that everything will fall into place with no obstacles and I can go home to see my mum and dad and my sisters and brother and nieces and nephews. For once, I craved for a noisy house where all the people that matters to me are together.

I pray ..... 

No comments: