Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm all grown up and getting good at talking

I don't think I am like ordinary people when it comes to waking up in the morning .... that is until Alex came along.


In a perfect situation, your hear the birds singing, you open your eyes slowly and with a smile .... a little yawn and then a stretch.

OK ... mine is like #####Mummmmmmm ###### Click Clack Clock ######## Bang ##### Eyes popped opened and jump out of bed and run downstairs!

Well ... lucky for me it's not a typical morning but today sure is one that I just described. My son decided to grow up overnight making his own juice and breakfast.

When I came into the kitchen (I was still groggy), he already took the juice carton out of the fridge, and  trying to fill his bottle with it. He looked at me with a smile and said "elp".

I helped him with the juice and he said "Bar" mean breakfast bar. I gave him the bar and the juice, he went upstairs with them. I followed and then he sat on the floor and said "mama hur" means mama sit and pointing on the chair. He then hand me the bar and said "bar". I said .... "what do you say?"  He said "Mama (very carefully) ooo ppe (pause) pish open bar" He made sure that he said please and I was delighted and over the moon (smile). 

Alex is getting better at talking, although not very clear but he made a good attempt every time. When he watch tele, he will repeat what is said .... not very clearly but he did a great job. I am so proud of him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for Alex!!!!

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

That's great. It's wonderful to read how Alex is developing almost hour by hour.

Just for the record, my mornings are similar to yours ... except a meeeeooowwww, click, clack, meeeeooowwwwww, clock, thump, bang, meeeooooowwww as Tuk-Tuk chases Moto around the condo.