Friday, November 21, 2008

What a great day!

I am sitting here updating my blog with a nice glass of Rose. It can't get any better than that!


Alex went to bed at about 6:45pm tonight. No tantrums, no fuss .... just so nice to have him back.

I guess the day started nicely for me as Jeremy let me stay in bed until 10am and served me my breakfast in bed. I can't stress enough, I am the luckiest woman.

Alex and I had some quality time before going to Rainbow. We danced to the music from the iPod, we shared cuddles and I just love him so much. He was so cheeky, making me laugh all day.

When he got home from Rainbow, he played with his toys, come to me occasionally asking for some attention and let me finish with my Christmas cards. 

He was a bit of a sod though, when it came to dinner time. I asked him if he wanted pasta for dinner and he said yes. I cooked and when I was about to feed him, he smell his food and then ran upstairs screaming as if he was served with a bowl of poo. It was his favourite, tuna pasta and he decided today it is no longer his favourite.

Jeremy gave him a bowl of cereal instead and he sat there eating them happily. We have decided not to push or force him to eat when he obviously doesn't want to. I know if I push him, he will have a mouthful and then spit them out onto the floor. I would have more to do.

When it came to bed time, we asked if he wanted to sleep and he said no. We stop at that and let him play with his toys. Later, he came to me, sitting on my lap and snuggle up to me. He yawned and was about to fall asleep when I asked him again if he wanted to go to bed. This time he said yes and we went upstairs.

As soon as I tucked him in, he signed in makaton for book. I read him his story and then said good night. He called for me and when I sat next to him, he gave me a great big hug and then said "nite nite".

I am so proud of him and I guess it has a lot to do with my well being too. If I am all stressed up, it would have been a different outcome.

If I force him to eat his pasta, I wouldn't be sitting here sipping my wine. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a real inspiration..I find it too hard to let loose after years of strict stucture...baby steps first.