Thursday, November 20, 2008

I don't want to go to bed

What's new with Alex?


He doesn't want to go to bed. 

It's been almost a week since he decided to make our life a little more exciting by defying us, when asked to go to bed, he will cry inconsolably, throw himself at me or jump on the spot with frustration. It's getting very stressful for me to see him acting unAlex-like. 

He used to go to bed at 6:00pm. Happily and willingly go to bed as long as we read him a book. Those days are over and the new Alex emerges.

I told Mrs Dunn, his teacher at Rainbow on Tuesday about the changes in Alex. The temper tantrums and the throwing himself at me or the floor when he doesn't get what he wants. I asked her if there were any child in the nursery or Rainbow that does that, perhaps Alex saw that and copied the behavior. She said "No .... definitely not. We do not tolerate tantrums at Rainbow and none of the children does that".

She said it is actually a good thing as Alex has always been a passive child and to be able to think for himself is a positive sign. Easy for her to say .... and I told her that. She laughed. 

So, I guess I should trust her and see how long this behavior will last. 

No comments: