Sunday, November 16, 2008

Longest four minutes

How do you discipline a Cheeky Monkey?

The answer is extremely difficult!

It's Sunday and it's not a day of rest for me when Jeremy is at work. I have Alex all to myself and piles of laundry needed washing.

I was in and out, up and down all day. Alex wanted my attention but I have so much to do. I feel guilty leaving him watching tv all day.

So, every so often ..... I give him hugs and tickles.

Came mid day when I sat in the lounge folding the laundry. Alex sat next to me watching and giving me that mischievious smile. I knew what he was about to do, I gave him a warning and he walk away looking back checking if I was looking.

All of a sudden, he lifted one of the folded pile and drop them on the floor and laughed. I was so angry that I screamed at him and asked him why. He looked at me and he knew what was coming. I gave him a slap on the backside and told him that he is naughty. It is not an acceptable behaviour.

I sent him to a corner and asked him to sit there for four minutes. He sat there quietly and look at me. Meanwhile, I continued with my work and watching him at the same time. He looked at me and gave me the sweetest and cutest smile.

I had to put a stern and angry face on but I was dying inside trying to stop myself laughing.

It was the longest four minutes of my life!

He sat there until the four minutes was up. I asked him if he knows he had done something wrong and he said yes. He gave me a hug and then the biggest cuddle.

It's so hard to be angry with Alex.

No comments: