Friday, November 21, 2008

Mummy the detective

After giving much thought about this change in Alex, I decided to use the iceberg method to determine what the possible cause that is turning my son into a brat.

Much thinking and remembering, I think I know what causes the problem.

The heating!

Alex has been waking up really early in the morning and then sneak into our bed, wriggling and fidgetting, digging his cold feet into me. Rather than having two uncomfortable people and not enough sleep, one of us usually gets up (we take turns).

We were so tired of this arrangement and thought that the cause of his early rising is due to the heating. True enough it was. He has been sleeping through and waking at an acceptable hour. The downside to this is that we have the heating on all night.

It's too hot for us and Alex is sleeping on top of the duvet. His bed is right next to the radiator and it's hot hot hot. I think he is feeling hot inside and hence the temper tantrums.

I have been having sore throat and Jeremy headache for the whole duration of the heating being on all night.

We have to find a solution for this problem. Finding the right temperature is quite difficult unless we install a very expensive climate control system in the house. It's trial and errors from now on.

I want my lovely Alex back!

No comments: