Friday, September 05, 2008

School's finally back .... YIPPEE!!!


Haven't been able to update my blog because of the school holidays. It's a total shock for me, Jeremy and Alex .... six weeks is way too long. All routines down the drain and my housework piled up to my neck.

Yesterday was the first day of school and the three hours that we have without Alex was mainly spent on ironing and clearing the garage. We could not get anything done with Alex around as he demand for our attention - constantly. I do not like the idea of putting him in front of the TV all day but sometimes, things need doing and it's not that easy.

Anyway, back to normal and I hope to be able to update my blog regularly.

The teachers told me that they may want to change Alex to the morning session and that is a very good idea. I could structure his day better with this new arrangement if they decide to go ahead. I miss taking Alex to Legoland and if he is back to the morning session, I could take him to Legoland after school.

Alex has been saying a lot of  "Air Con Duct" lately. A new word for him which he use quite often.

The stairs and escalators has been a problem for Alex lately. It all started two weeks ago, when he first refused to go on the escalator at IKEA. Then when he got home, he refused to go up the stairs. He cried - massive tantrum and insist that we carry him. It's putting a lot of strain on our back and we cannot keep carrying him when he want us to. 

It's not always a problem for him ... yesterday, he went up and down the stairs no problem but then this morning, his phobia came back. I don't know if he is trying it on us or he is really scared of the stairs but we have to ride this through.

Kids .... it's one thing after another.

No comments: