Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cheeky little devil.


If there's nothing interesting on television to watch, there is always Alex Green and his cheeky antics.

Two days ago, Jeremy gave Alex a bowl of grapes for snack. He finished his share and continued to watch his "Bob the Builder". I felt peckish and decided to get myself some grapes as well. I walked past Alex with my grapes and he followed me to the dining room. He look at me with the cheekiest smile I have ever seen. He look at the grapes and then took one and looked at me. 

Well, being a good mum as I am (ahem), I nodded indicating that he can have one. He sat on my lap, and as I was doing my work on the laptop, he took another and another until there was two left. I was about to reach for the grapes and realised that the bowl now contained two grapes and before I could say "Alex", he took both grapes, one on each hand. He put one in his mouth and gave a wicked laugh while holding the other one. I said "Can mummy have that please" he quickly put it in his mouth and laugh again. My God .... I have a very cheeky devil here and I just could not help but laugh. I guess I should teach him some manners here and laughing doesn't help but encourage him further.

Logically, I should not encourage him by laughing but he is rather funny. He is a child and all children should have fun. It's not an offensive behaviour and I guess I could leave it till he is a bit older. But then again, if an older child did the same thing, it would have been deemed rude and an unacceptable behaviour. I guess I have to start teaching him what is acceptable and what is not .... before it's too late.

So, why do society have different rules for different people?

1 comment:

Azure Skye said...

Alex really did that? Ha! That's funny! My cousin's a little cheeky devil!