Sunday, September 14, 2008

Firemen ....... something about men in uniform.


Alex and I had a fun day out (more like mummy had a fun day) yesterday. We went to Slough Fire Station to have our car washed. My friend, Gaynor's husband Steve works there and they have organised a Charity Car Wash with the proceeds to National Autistic Society.

"I drove 20 miles to have my car washed" I told Gaynor "and this better be good." She laughed and show me where to go. There were quite a few cars there going through a manual car wash system (he he he). When you drive thru ... the first thing is a FIREMAN with a small hose washing the car down and then drive to the next part ... more FIREMEN ... at least 6 of them shampooing the car and rub down the tyres. Next, another FIREMAN with a BIG HOSE washing off the soap and suds. Finally, get the car dried up by another FIREMAN. 

I am feeling hot just writing this (he he he) and it was quite an experience. Well, of course writing this is all a joke as no one is as good looking as my dearly beloved (gagging ... I know ... just in case he is reading this).

After the car wash, I asked Gaynor if Alex could have a ride on the fire engine and she shouted for Steve to take us for a tour. Alex went onto the truck and Steve let him wear his helmet. It was all fun but Alex was a bit scared of the height and kept calling for me. We left the fire station and went to see Grandpa and Grandma, 5 miles away in Langley.

Alex hummed Fireman Sam tune all morning since I told him that we were going to a fire station. When we drove past our local fire station, he asked "Ma ma?". I had to tell him that we are going to another one and he then sat quietly and enjoyed the journey. 

Alex has a very good understanding of everything and is very observant. Nothing passes him without him acknowledging them. Jeremy and his father, Peter are worried that Alex may not talk as they can't see how. His grandmother and me on the other hand, are not worried and know that he will eventually talk. Men have no patience.

I still haven't heard from Rainbow if Alex is moving to the morning class. If he does, he will be with Holly, Joseph and Callum (all his friends).

No comments: