Monday, September 22, 2008

I have my lovely son back!


Thanks to everyone who wrote to me after my last blog to encourage me to persevere. 

I had such a pleasant day with my boy yesterday, despite his dad being at work all day. Just mummy and son spending the first half of the day at home and then later at his grandparents' home.

The morning started wonderfully with Alex waking at 5am and said "bye bye" to daddy before he left for work. Alex came to my bed and stayed with me until 7am (I actually had a 2 hours 'laid in') ..... unheard of!

Had breakfast, he played with his train set, I ... on my laptop and then watch a bit of recorded Greys Anatomy. Sat down and played 'Number' flash card and learn to write the number '1'. Alex knows his numbers 1 - 9 but his concentration level is slightly better than the memory of a goldfish. After 2 minutes of counting, he started to go 'silly' by purposely giving me the wrong answer and laugh. Had to wrap up as when he is in such a 'silly' mood, it's no point carrying on.

We had lunch at home, then we left for his grandparents' place in Langley. Spent about three hours there, I decided to reward my son for being so good all day. We went to McDonalds for dinner (actually, mummy's being lazy and rewarding sound far much better).

On our way to McD, we passed the hospital that Jeremy was born in. Alex said "Ma ma .... dada born". I was surprised at what he said. We told him every time we pass the hospital that his daddy was born here. This is the first time he said it to me and use the word 'born'. Although it isn't very clear but I know what he was saying.

We had our "dinner" and got home around 5:45pm ...... way past his shower time (normally at 5pm). Alex was itching to have his shower. I said "wait, mummy need a rest first OK?". He ran upstairs and started to make noises in the bathroom .... oh oh .... I know that noise .... he's up to no good.

If there is one thing to get mummy and daddy to move their butt? Make noise, lots of them and see the running.

He was in the bath tub and smiled at me. He wanted a bath instead of a shower and asked for my private bubble bath stash. As usual, mummy give in and watch her son smiling and kicking water. Alex had such a great time in the bath and asked to go to bed at 6:30pm.

Well, I am so well rest now .... Alex woke up at 6am and let me lay in till 7:00am.

No comments: