Wednesday, August 06, 2008

We are back!

You may have guessed that I've been away. We took Alex to Warwick Castle and Drayton Manor over a four-day weekend. All I can say is ..... you could never ask for a better child than Alex. He was so good and considering that he is a child with ASD, he certainly cope well with changes.

We stayed in three different places, two hotels and a night at our friends home in Newport. Ate in very noisy restaurants, lots of walking and driving.

Everything went wrong from the beginning of our holiday starting with Jeremy making a mistake with his hospital appointment. When we planned the holiday, he said that his appointment was at 9am. So, we decided to leave for Warwick Castle right after his visit to the hospital. The night before, he said he made a mistake and it was 11:30am.

On Friday morning, at 10:45am, he said "Oh God ... my appointment is at 11am." We had to rush out the door and luckily, we made it in time for his appointment. Then, we realised we forgot to take Alex's letter from his doctor to get an exit pass at Drayton Manor. By the time we got everything sorted, it was already 1pm. I felt like killing someone as it was so stressful.

We realised that all our holidays starts with stress and then we needed another holiday to get over the first one. Thankfully, we all enjoyed this one.

We got home on Monday night and Alex went straight to bed after his shower, both Jeremy and I hit the bed straight after.

Tuesday morning, laundry ..... what joy! Wouldn't it be nice that we don't have to do all these after a holiday?

In the evening, I went to my friend Gaynor's Charity Curry Night in aid of National Autistic Society at another friend's restaurant. I helped her arrange this with the restaurant and she did the rest. Jeremy did not come with me as he had to babysit Alex.

Alex said "Goodnight" to me before I left and when I got home, he was fast asleep and looked like a cherub. I walked in at midnight and Jeremy was waiting for me, reading in bed.

Jeremy asked how my night was and I told him that I enjoyed it very much. We raised quite a bit of money and he said that he was very proud of me for helping Gaynor.

It was nothing, really. I was just helping a friend who is doing this for good cause. Gaynor gave up smoking at the beginning of the year and then train everyday to prepare for a 10 days trek across the Sahara.

So, in comparison, organising a curry night is just ......

Anyway, Alex came to me first thing in the morning. Gave me a big hug and kiss as if he hasn't seen me in years.

I like that feeling and may consider doing it more often.

No comments: