Thursday, August 07, 2008

He is getting increasingly frustrated.

Alex was trying very hard to speak this morning. He wanted to say bye bye da da car. What came out was "Bye bye dada ...." and repeat the whole thing again for several time. I could tell that he wanted to say bye bye da da car but when he try to make a sentence, he stuttered. Towards the end, he was in tears out of frustration and still no complete sentence.

Watching him getting frustrated made me sad but I know that this is progress. It shows that he wanted to talk and that he wanted it to be perfect.

Both Jeremy and I asked him to calm down and speak slowly by breaking down the sentence into three parts. To Alex, breaking it into three part is not a sentence and he continued to try and still couldn't get it right.

He is also getting very teary lately .... especially when we say "no" to him. His expression changes from a smile to a frown and tears in split second. It would be easier to give in to his every demand but I know better. If I allow this, he will know that he can use tears to get what he wanted and our lives would not be worth living (sigh).

Is there a funny side to this?

No comments: