Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oh no no no ..... I can't accept that!


Alex has been sleeping well since Thursday - through the night until 5:30am. I could hear him playing in his room and as soon as it's five minutes to six, he would  come into my bed for a five minutes hug and then off he go again.

He came back from nursery with a nasty fall on Friday. I went to pick him up at 1:15pm, as usual ...... entered his room ready for a big smile and hug. What I saw almost brought tears to my eyes. His forehead and nose were grazed from a fall from his bike. This is not the first time but second time in two weeks and third time in two months. I heard my own voice quivered when I spoke to his carer and signed the paper she produced to explain how it happened and what they did.

Got home. Jeremy opened the door to say hello to his son and saw Alex's face. I told him what happened and he was very angry. He picked the phone up to call the manager of the nursery but he wasn't around. Left a message instead. 

We were angry not because of the fall but because they didn't call us to let us know. If they have done that, I would be prepared and not had a shock. 

An hour later, still no call from the nursery, Jeremy called again and finally he got hold of him. The manager quickly passed the call to the team leader to explain. The explanation was that she didn't think it was serious enough to call us. 

That is not the point! They have been so good with Alex but this incident made me think twice about leaving Alex there full time when I get a job.

I think, I will be a stay at home mum for awhile until he goes to school full-time and settled. 

Maybe this fall made me see what is important at the moment. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.