Thursday, April 10, 2008

Keeping my fingers crossed.


I had a good night sleep on Tuesday night. I prayed that Alex would sleep through the night as I was scheduled to attend a job interview in the morning. My prayer was answered and he slept through and in his own bed. Looks like perseverance paid as I was about to give up. 

Jeremy was working night shift and I told him that I might let Alex come into my bed if he cries in the middle of the night. I can't afford to have another sleepless night - not when I need to be fresh for my interview. Thank god!

He went to bed last night at 7pm. 

At 4am, I heard "Ma Ma" 

I went to his room and consoled him and then told him that mummy's going back to bed. Surprisingly, he let me and went back to sleep until 6:30 this morning.

Well, that's really great but (there's always a but) I could not get back to sleep. I drifted in and out of dreams and was totally knackered when I heard my boy singing his heart out.

The last 7 nights were exhausting and it would be impossible for me to leave his side until he get back to sleep. I am hoping this is not a one-off and that he will start to sleep through.

He went to bed at 7:30 tonight and I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

No comments: