Monday, March 10, 2008

SOB ....

My phone rang and the caller ID says "BATT HOME" and my heart sank.

Last Friday, my Ex's mum Alice called to let me know that Grandad Batt (my Ex's grandfather) was admitted into the hospital for his breathing problems. He has been in and out of the hospital a few times and mum said it's rather serious this time. The doctors suggested that he should go to a care home when they discharge him.

I meant to visit him at the hospital since Friday but Jeremy's been working all week and I have no baby sitter to watch Alex. I thought that I'll wait till Jeremy's off days and pay a visit. It didn't come soon enough and I did not get a chance to see him one more time.

Although I don't see Grandad that often, I love and care for him very much. He was a gentle man with a big heart and very very independent. Even after my ex and I have separated, Grandad still sends me Christmas and Birthday cards. They read "To my Granddaughter".

I cried ......... Grandad .... you'll be missed and you'll always have a place in my heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for a wonderful post Christine. Although he'd been ill for a while it's still a shock when someone close passes away. Perhaps it's best you didn't see him in his final days because you can keep the images of him when he was more healthy with you.
Thanks again, and take care.