Friday, March 14, 2008

I am so happy I could fly ....

I've just had a call from Rainbow Resources Centre. We have been waiting for this call for what seemed like forever.

Two weeks ago, I contacted TASS to find out if they have heard anything from Rainbow - if they will offer Alex a place or we have to find an alternative . We've heard nothing from anyone since our visit to the school in November. Neel called me the following week to explain that they are not in any position to offer Alex a place as there were two other pupils who were not ready to move on to the next level. She felt that they might offer Alex a place in September and asked us to continue to request for Rainbow towards the end of the Statementing process.

Liz the head of the unit called this afternoon and asked if we are still interested to place Alex at Rainbow - I said "Yes, please" (the call was a surprise and I just reacted like a silly school girl as I didn't know what else to say - I guess she could hear the excitement in my voice).

I was told that they may be in the position to offer Alex a place after Easter break as there may be a child moving up to the next level and waiting for placement. It's quite tricky as if the school, that the child is waiting cannot take him in, Alex may not get in then. The next possible placement would be Summer Term and that would be around May/June. Well, it's way better than September.

They will have to see Alex at nursery and at home. We've scheduled a date for the home visit in April and from then, they may be in a position to tell us when they can take Alex.

Looks like everything is may be and we won't get a definite answer until the very last minute. It's quite frustrating but I could understand why - they do not want to give parents hope and then had to turn around and say "I am sorry but we cannot ....."

Anyhow, it's still good news as we have set a date for the home visit. Can't wait .....

No comments: