Saturday, March 01, 2008

Ouch! Don't touch me pleazeeeeee ......

Went Ice Skating with Alex yesterday and boy ..... it hurts.

I fell once and that's because I couldn't stop but it didn't really hurt. What hurts most are my calves. As soon as I slipped into the skating boots, I could feel my calves pulling and it felt as if I have walked miles and miles. Really does show how unfit I am - need to exercise more ....

Anyway, Alex went onto the ice a few times but was hanging on to me for dear life. It's not easy to hold a small child and to skate when you are only a beginner yourself. I am supposed to feel cold with all the ice around me but I was sweating for Britain.

Alex asked to get off the ice and I left him sitting by the rink while I went off skating myself. He seemed to enjoy watching me skate and laughed whenever I come back to him. He would then wave me off and say "bye bye" and laugh again. He had a great time while I was trying to dodge the dodgy ice patches. I decided to find an instructor to give Alex private lessons to give him some confidence. After the session, I asked Alex if he like ice skating and he said yes.

On our way out, I stopped by the Reception to get information on private lessons and was told to leave my contact and one of the instructors will call me. I mentioned to the Receptionist that I need one who has experience teaching special need children. Her reaction tells me that they have never come across such a case. Well, I'll just have to wait for their call.

It's fun to do different things for a change.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha.
Must put pillow on the bottom next time or learn to fall gracefully.
I am glad that Alex is making such great progress, I can't wait to see him again and see the vast improvement that you have been talking about. I bet he will be taller than Josh when he comes end of the year (hahahaha). Unless Josh's body decide to finally have a growth spurt.

Christine Hoh said...

Indeed. He is very tall for his age and sometimes I forget how young he actually is.

Ice skating was fun and I intend to continue doing this myself. It's quite relaxing going round the rink and watch people skate, showing off their skills and falling off not so gracefully ;-)

kanasai.=) said...

Gee, I am so missing all the fun that you guys are having!!! I wish I can afford a trip to visit you guys, but alas tickets are so expensive here now.. Have great fun sis..