Friday, February 08, 2008

I feel like a hypocrite.

Long ago ..... way before Alex was born, I find it difficult to understand why Mothers need 4x4 vehicles for school runs. I told Jeremy, I don't want a 4x4 even if I can afford one - they are gas-guzzlers and it's really bad for the environment.

I changed my mind since having driven the Toyota Highlander in Tallahassee last year. I now wanted a Toyota RAV4 for my next car. The reason for my change of mind is .... cars are getting bigger ... even a Mini is as tall as my car - a Ford Focus C-Max. I like a tall car, one I can drive with confidence and tall enough to see what is ahead way before a small car could. I like the way they are built - tough yet stylish. It has nothing to do with status but more for safety.

Isn't it a laugh? I am slapping myself on the cheek because I said I didn't want one before and craving for one now. The moral of the story is Never Say Never and we can't judge someone until we are in their shoes.

Despite what the environmentalist or the tree-huggers thinks, every parents wants safety for their children. Drivers on the road are getting more careless or violent and driving with your children in the car is getting more and more stressful.

If there's a car out there that isn't a 4x4 but built as tough as one and doesn't cost the earth, I will definetely be interested, but until then, I would like a Toyota RAV4 and in Maroon.

No comments: