Saturday, February 02, 2008

Did I wish for this? I think I did!

Not so long ago, I wished that Alex would talk or attempt to - well, my wish came true and all I need now is book myself a day in the monastery. I need peace and quiet - just 24 hours - and I'll be happy!

It's "eh eh eh" all day. Asking me to narrate his every action and wanted me to tell a story while he act the story with his cars. I know it's a fantastic progress - imaginative play and I am so happy but 8 hours of this? I know I shouldn't be complaining but when you are lack of sleep and with a head cold, it is not the best thing that ever happened to you.

Anyway, he has two new words today. "Net" and "Neck".

While watching The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this morning, he said "net" when a picture of a net appeared on the screen. He looked at me and said "net", I just say "Well done" but not make a big fuss. He was happy and of course, I was really proud of him. Then, later in the evening, he said "mama neck" and pointed at his neck. There's a rash on his neck and I asked if he is in pain and he said "hmmm" meaning yes.

He is making more noises, sound and repeat words (although not really accurate) more often lately and that's really a good progress. But, I do need some quiet time sometime .......

Be careful of what you wished for - for it may come true and .............

No comments: