Monday, February 04, 2008

Alex has a friend.

Jane, my friend from Family Support came today with her two and a half year old son Nicholas.

Nicholas has cerebral palsy and is a delightful boy. He has a wicked sense of humour and not to mention looks to go with it. He is a completely different boy today compared to the times that I saw him at the centre. He was always crying and Alex's afraid of him. I could understand why .... he is a very sensitive boy like Alex and they both dislike rowdy children. Most of the other children visiting the centre has behavioural problems (almost every other child) and it upsets them.

Anyway, when Alex saw Nicholas ..... he wasn't sure what to make of the situation and stayed as far away as he could. Then came lunch time, we had a quick bite in the dining room and then Alex asked to be excused. He went out playing alone .... then Nicholas joined him. They played along side initially and then while we were chatting away in the dining room, I heard them laughing. I peeped and saw them playing together and laughing. No word could describe how I feel and I am glad that my son has a friend.

Jane and I are planning to let the boys play together once every forthnight and see how their friendship develops.

By the way, it's my mum's 75th Birthday today. Happy Birthday MUM .... I love you and miss you so much.

No comments: