Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Alex had his birthday party at nursery today.

Funny how you turn into your mum when you became one yourself.

I baked a carrot and raisin cake as a birthday cake for Alex. I also packed 18 party packs containing a pack of Madeline (small cake), a packet of mini Pringles, a pack of fruity sweets and two small toys to be given to his class mates. Alex was really excited about the whole thing and offered to help me load them into the car this morning. He is getting really good with sharing and is a very generous boy.

I learned this from my mother. When we were young, my mum used to do the same thing for us, I guess this teaches us to share and I like to believe that it also build part of our character.

Anyway, I also enrol us (Alex and me) into Parent & Toddler Ice Skating Course today. This is a six weeks course for beginners starting in two weeks time - I am really excited.

I want to do something different with Alex and I want him to experience different things, then find one that he really likes. I am not sure if he will take onto this because it requires patience and balance - he has neither at the moment.

Alex is quite clumsy in some area, I would guess that he might not be able to master the sliding movement but then again, I might be wrong because he has changed quite a bit - willing to accept changes and help since his chiropractic adjustments.

His speech is coming along - recently, he began to experiment with tonelity. Using different tonelity to address "ma ma" and "da da". It's quite cute really and we love to hear him call us in different tones. I wished I could record his words and post in here to share with you.

Yesterday, I heard him sing "wheels on the bus" using all the names he knows like "ma ma", "da da", "na na", "pop pop", "cher cher" and "kor kor". This is one big improvement!

He is also using Makaton to sign - something he never wanted to do before. He is signing book, more, toilet, juice and perhaps a few I don't understand (ha ha ha).

I am just so happy with his progress that I forgot what he was like six months ago. I had to constantly go back to my previous posts in my blog to remember the old Alex.

One month and 13 days, Alex is a very different boy. Potty trained (dry day and night), drinking from an open cup in nursery, use Makaton and extremely cheeky.

It makes waking up every morning an exciting day because, you'll never know what he will surprise you with!

No comments: