Monday, July 02, 2007

Old MacDonald had a farm ......

Now that I can drive legally, I thought I'll make a trip to Oxford to see Amelia with Alex. It was a really miserable day and was raining all the way to her place. The journey took slightly more than an hour and Alex had been fantastic. I had the Barney CD playing from the beginning of our journey from home and he enjoyed it so much. He even sang/hum to Old MacDonald and This Old Man. It was the first time he did that.

When we left Oxford at about 3:30pm, we took the M40 and there was an accident at Junction 4 - the queue was about 5 miles long and we were stuck for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Thank God that it was Alex's nap time. He slept the whole time when we were stuck and got up right after we passed the trouble spot. Looks like someone up there is looking out for me .....

No comments: