Thursday, January 08, 2009

Baaack to school

Seemed like a long time ago I last updated my blog. It's this darn weather you know.

We had the coldest weeks in 30 years and some places went as cold as -10 degree Celsius. We had our heating on all day and boy .... will we flip when the bill comes.

I can count the number of times I went out the front door since we got back ..... in one hand!

Alex is back to school today and he settled right in. His report read: Alex has had a settled afternoon. He has been more vocal, attempting a wider range of sounds. The focus letter is J. Alex ate some jelly. The focus story is Jack and the Beanstalk.

When he got back from school, Alex went to his corner and 'stim' for 5 minutes before he was ready to hug and cuddle - that was his 'me' time. School must have stimulated his rested mind, so much that he needed to do that. He begged to go to bed at six-ish but I refused to let him and delayed till seven (this is unheard of) because .... I know he will wake at five!

Alex's latest craze ..... Shaun the Sheep. He laughed like a mad man when he watch that DVD. He was first introduced to Shaun at Auntie Wendy's when we last visited her before our holidays. And when we were on the plane, Shaun was on one of the channels and again, he laughed like a mad man. When we got back and visited his grandparents, someone gave 'Pops' a Shaun DVD for Christmas and they naturally switch that on for Alex. Again, Alex laughed so hard that delighted his grandparents. They let him keep the DVD.

For the second time in two days, Alex wanted to watch Shaun .... again.

Baaaaaaaaaaa Bob the Builder to the baaaaaaack shelf!

2 comments:

jm said...

Hi,

My son has verbal apraxia. I was wondering is you do any type of supplementation with your child? The use of Omega 3 and Vit E has been showing great promise in improving children's speech and improving gross motor skills. A new product is on the market that is formulated by a pediatrician with a child that has verbal apraxia. It is called speak, and I have been gving it to my son Chandler for the past 3 months. We have seen a dramatic improvement in his speech since he began taking the product! I thought you may be interested to learn about this. If you go to the website www.speechnutrients.com there is a lot of info and there you can order a free box to try. Also speechtrial.com has a lot of the science info you may like to read. Good Luck to you and your son! Dana

Bluestem said...

Hi! I'm looking around at different apraxia blogs. Please visit mine if you are interested. If you are considering using any Omega 3 products, please look into others than the one mentioned in the previous comment. They are charging super-high prices for no good reason that I can see.