Friday, September 21, 2007

Yikes! It's Chicken Pox.

Alex was real restless last night and he woke up twice. First time at 2:30am with a nightmare - he didn't know where he was and I sat with him for ten minutes. I couldn't get back to sleep after that. I took the opportunity to reply all my emails and then start compiling some images for Alex's PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System). And then he cried again at about 4:30am. I went in to sit with him and this time for nearly two hours. I couldn't keep myself awake any longer and left him on his bed and got back to my lovely warm bed. What a surprise, he didn't follow me to my room but went back to sleep instead. Dang! If I knew I would have gone to bed sooner...........

Anyway, Jeremy took him to nursery and let me sleep till 10am. Am I lucky or what?

Went to the Garden Centre again and spent more. We got more Chrysanthemum and pots for the patio area. We also bought Alex a wind chime - he was fascinated by them when I took him to the garden centre on Tuesday. He was having so much fun ringing the entire range on display.

We then went to collect Alex from nursery and he said "bye" to his classmates and we all clapped because this is the first time he said it so clearly.

After dinner, I took him to the bathroom to give him his shower and that's when I discovered chicken pox when I undressed him.

In a way it's good to get it over and done at his age. I remember Adrinna had hers in her twenties and it was pure torture. I remember she had them on her scalp and the sole of her foot as well - oh she suffered!

Do you consider Chicken Pox as a milestone?

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

Isn't it ironic that The Simpsons episode where Maggie got chicken pox was on TV here yesterday. Homer charged everyone to come round for a 'pox party'. Those things are pretty common as far as I know, because it's far better to get it as a child, as you said.