Monday, September 17, 2007

I really do not know where time went?

I just realised that I haven't updated my blog for a week now. I have been so busy with Alex and then with the fund-raising table top sale for the school.

Here's a summary of our week and I would rate it as 4/5:

Monday 10/9

We are both getting into gardening quite a bit. Managed to clear the weeds, the path and cut down the overgrown bushes. The garden looked reasonably good.

Alex loved playing in the garden while we're busy weeding.

Tuesday 11/9

Jem's back to work today. Alex ate his breakfast and lunch all by himself. He also drank from an open cup. What a breakthrough - I just cannot describe how happy I am.

Went to Family Support and then to Alex's first Speech Therapy session. His Therapist is Angie and she is very good with him. She is starting PECS with him and he seemed to accept it well and learnt fast. Angie is going to give me a list of words to use with PECS.

Wednesday 12/9

Sent Alex to nursery and then to Reading to meet a new friend from Malaysia whom I met through Facebook.com. We had breakfast and then continued shopping together at the Oracles. I bought myself a pair of jeans and a black Capri - both on 50% off.

Jem came back early from work because I had to attend the new term's Full Governing Body meeting at the school. This is a very important meeting where Governors are nominated/volunteer to take up important roles. I decided not to participate in any nominations nor volunteer this year. The reason is because I am not sure if we will stay or move to Florida.

Thursday 13/9

Went to the Garden Centre to get some plants for the garden after dropping Alex at the nursery.

Bought some Heathers and some Pansies with pretty faces. I love Pansies because they look so happy all the time with their smiling faces.

Alex learned to count and he can say "two" very clearly. If I say one, he will continue with two and then when I say three, he will say "two" (ha ha ha). He laughs when we say no ..... it's four and he will mumble something like four and then laugh again. He is just so cheeky.

Friday 14/9

Sent Alex to nursery and then had to rush to the school to meet the Headteacher to discuss tomorrow's fund-raising sale. For some reason, it turned out that I am the only one worrying about the event. I somehow took charge of the whole thing while the rest of the committee doing nothing.

I was rushing about like a headless chicken worrying about the event. And then, as I popped back home for a rest, Jeremy opened the front door and I said "Why are you up? You are supposed to sleep." (He just got back from the night shift) He said, he was just about to go get Alex because he couldn't get hold of me. The nursery called to say that they suspect Alex had chicken pox. So, I went to get Alex and they told me to take him to the clinic to get checked out and if it's not chicken pox, he can come back to finish the session. It's not chicken pox - he had viral rash and it's quite common for toddlers.

Saturday 15/9

Table top sale - busy all morning and finally it's over. I felt lighter all of a sudden - as if a load's off my shoulder. By the way, Happy Birthday to Trixie - she is 42.

Sunday 16/9

Went to Long Acre Garden Centre again to get more plants and pots to complete the look. Jem's parents came over for lunch.

I must try to update my blog more often as I tend to forget things. With this summary, I can only share the events that took place but not the emotions.

No comments: