Monday, September 24, 2007

I cannot be prouder!

It's the third day of Alex's chicken pox. It's all over his face, one in his right eye, his front and back - even on places that the sun don't shine.

He's so good and we hardly hear him complaint except when we want to put calamine lotion on him - he cried and scream like we are torturing him. It breaks my heart to see him in distress. I just wish I could take away the pain and irritation away from him. He would occasionally whimper because of irritation though. Hand on heart, I don't think I can resist scratching or whining.

Anyway, there are some progress - he called next door's dog by her name "Jess". He looked at Jess and said her name. His fine motor skill are improving as well. He can turn his wrist to maneuver his spoon or fork into his mouth. He can also drink from an open cup with one hand.

His grandparents are very proud of his progress and I really believe that he will have some speech by his fourth birthday. I spoke to my mum today and she has no doubt that Alex would talk VERY soon.

I just can't wait to see what else my son could do to surprise me.

No comments: